Monday, July 01, 2013

CTMH Convention Highlights - Post #1

I'm back from an amazing time in Orlando, Florida!!!  The Close To My Heart (CTMH) convention was held at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.  We had so much fun and I can't wait to tell you all about my trip, convention, the new products, all the secrets I have been keeping the last couple of months and much more!!!  In order to get it all down, I'll have to break it up into little pieces so I'm going to start off with a little bit of the fun!

One of the BEST parts of being a Close To My Heart consultant for 18 years is that I have made some incredible friends.  Seven of us were able to head over to the Magic Kingdom together.  Standing in line is always entertaining with this group!



Part of the reason I have been a bit behind on my blog is because I was working behind the scenes with my top secret products!!!  I was one of 18 teachers selected to present at our Extravaganza!  I received the new Huntington paper pack, our new Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (so stinkin cool!!) and an assortment of coordinating products to use for my booth.

This year we had the mirrors above us like you see at the fair exhibit halls.  The lighting was awful when we were trying to take photos of me in my booth, so please forgive.  This is the best we were able to get.


Years ago a group of us dubbed ourselves the Fab Four (used to be Fab Five - We miss you Karen Carnevale. I know you're thinking about joining again. LOL) We are spread across the country and only get to see each other at corporate events...but when you get the four of us together, we have a blast brainstorming and sharing fabulous ideas!!!

Ok, enough back story... This year one of our Fab Four got a big promotion so Gail and I snuck over to decorate her door.



and we brought along one of our favorite cohorts in crime... Heather!


Stay tuned for more convention fun!  I have many more pictures to go through...and I'm still trying to figure out whose camera ended up with the picture we took at the Magic Kingdom.  I might have made a poor family pose for pictures with us because of their shirts. Yep - I just make new friends where ever I go!




6 comments:

Annie creates said...

I was so excited to finally met you. I was so happy to be a part of your class at t0 extravaganza. you are such an awesome teacher. thank you for sharing your talent.

Dawn said...

Thank you Ann!!! You just made my day. I love what I do and it makes it even better when I get to meet people like you. Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you again next year at Disneyland!!!!

Patty said...

Dawn I may have the pic in the magic kingdom you are referring to. Is it the one with the family in shirts like ours?

Kate said...

Fun time had by all! I'm jet lagged, sick, lost my voice, and the kids are totally taking advantage of me being down. It was all worth it, I had a great time and really hope to make it next year.

Hrkinney@hotmail.com said...

I love the pictures and this post!!!! My time with CTMH is special because of all of you!!!! Hugs

Karen said...

Whoohooo - Fab Four!! As always, it was special to see you Dawn - love you guys!