Friday, January 04, 2013

Doodle Fun #1

My name is Dawn and I am a doodler.... Sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for this little habit of mine.   When I am sitting in meetings, or classes or church and I'm really trying to pay attention, I start doodling.  There is something about writing that engages my mind better.  Of course, I look completely rude and I'm sure people probably think I'm not paying attention....

All that to say that school starts next week so I have been going through my stuff from last semester and I started flipping through my composition books and my doodles make me happy!!  I love reading the quotes I wrote down.  When I doodle a quote I really ponder it, so seeing them again brings back all the thoughts I had while I was creating them.

FYI - I am attending BYU-Idaho online.  Some of my quotes will make more sense if you know that little fact. Some of my courses are religion courses.

My first one is a little boring, but I thought it was perfect for this time of year.  We were learning about goal setting and the importance of setting S.M.A.R.T. goals


We spent a great deal of time learning about the BYU-I learning model and the importance of continuing our education and I was struck by this quote - sorry I didn't include who said it.  So many times when we think about our education, we think about how it will benefit us, this quote resonated with me because it reminded me that our education also increases our capacity to help others.  



I think I'll just post a few at a time so I don't overload you on doodles!


2 comments:

Wendy Taylor said...

Love it! Keep sharing :-)
I like the S M A R T Goals!
Thanks!

Patty said...

Love this post! Thanks Dawn!