Thursday, September 06, 2012

CTMH Cricut Artiste Swing Cards and Video featuring Moonlight Paper Pack

More Halloween fun!  I love making cards for holidays when cards aren't expected!  It's a fun surprise for your friends, family and co-workers and these cards are so quick and easy, you'll want to make them for all the ghouls and vampires in your life.


Check out my video to see how these cards "swing" open!  





Products Used:

  • Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge
  • C1522 Creepy Creatures stamp set
  • X7161B Moonlight Paper Pack
  • Black Stamp Pad
  • Markers: Smokey Plum and Olive
Need any of the products featured?  I'd love it if you'd purchase them from me!  Visit my website for quick and easy online shopping!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the video! Glad to see you are back making videos again. I never thought I would be interested in any of the stamp sets you featured until I saw your video, those are really cute cards!Now I have to add them to my wishlist!

Patty said...

This is just like being at one of your workshops! Thanks Dawn!

budletsmom said...

This is so cute. I am sorry I missed your workshop. I think I will have to make a few of these cards.

Karen said...

Hi Dawn
I was actually trying to make a swing card and made the one you did with the ghost only I'm putting a turkey on it. What size would you cut the pokey circle to fit the standard card cut at 5 1/2inches(S & card buttons)? I wanted to cut a pokey circle in B&T and put turkey on top. I cut it at 2 3/4, 2 1/2--even changed it to 10ths 2.60 and 2.70 and it still didn't fit? You didn't cut a shape, it looks like you stamped the background-did you use a mask to stamp the background?
Honestly, sizing to me is the hardest thing about the circut.

Dawn said...

Hi karen - Thank you for reading my blog and asking your question.

When you cut the pokey shape to layer on the cards it is a little bit smaller. See the vampire card. I'm pretty sure I cut the black pokey circle at 2 1/2 inches.

The ghost card - i cut the card that had the pokey shape on it and the pattern you see is the back side of the paper. It has a different print on the back so when you fold the card you see the other print.

From what you described maybe the vampire card would work better for you. Cut the card with the regular circle, then layer a pokey circle.

I hope that helps. Feel free to email me. My email is stamptildawn at yahoo.