Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CTMH August SOTM Blog Hop

Welcome to the August Stamp of the Month blog hop. You may be starting here, or you may have hopped over from Teresa's blog, either way you are in for a treat.  Once you're done checking out my creations, simply follow the link at the end of my blog post and continue along on your journey.  Eventually you will finish the loop and see all the fun projects.

This month we are featuring S1208 Baroque Borders.


Baroque Borders is one of those stamp sets that is great to add to your collection.  You can use it to create quick and easy backgrounds that will add richness to any project.  I've taken one of the stamps in the set and stamped champagne ink on champagne cardstock to create the background below.  You could use this same technique on a scrapbook page or a 3-d item.

I also used our new Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge to cut the paper the saying is stamped on.  Not only do the stamp sets tell you which cartridge to use and what size to cut the image, but now they also tell you what page the image is on in the book. I simply chose my stamp, next to it it said "1 1/2" pg. 65," so I flipped to that page, found my image and cut it.  Definitely Faster, Simpler and Easier!!!



You can also use the images as a focal point on any project.  On the card below I decided to use one of the beautiful corners as my main image.

I stamped it in outdoor denim on the blue grid pattern in the new Scholastic paper pack.



And just for fun, I flipped the same paper over and added some of our new burlap ribbon to create the card below.  You would never know I created both of these cards with the same paper pack!  They look completely different!


Supplies Used

  • Champagne  and Outdoor Denim Inks
  • Scholastic Level 2 Paper Pack
  • Z1701 Bakers Twine - Neutral Assortment
  • Z1760 Burlap Ribbon
  • D1525 Casual Expressions (set of 12)
Please contact me or shop on my website if you would like to purchase any of the items featured.  I conduct workshops in Lakeside, CA and am available for retreats, parties and private workshops in the San Diego area.

Now it's time to hop on over to Judy's blog to see what she created





11 comments:

Carla said...

Great collection of cards!! Love them all!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Beautiful cards!!! I wanted to use that stamp set too (Casual Expressions) and ran out of time. :) Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Wendy Coffman said...

Lovely collection, great variety! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Sargent said...

I love how the different papers give the same design a different feel. Lovely!

Angel ^j^ said...

Dramatic blue grid card -- Love it - gotta lift it -can i? awesome! TFS

Ruth G said...

Great! I love the different ways you showed to use Baroque Borders stamps!!! TFS!

terryanndiack said...

Nice cards...I was not a fan of this SOTM until I saw your creations. And thanks for the bonus tip on flipping the paper over. (so often I forget there is another side)
p.s hope you don't mind...I am linking this post to my blog so others can view your beautiful work.

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Tamra Young-Pope said...

Love your cards.

C.C. said...

Very lovely cards!!!

Lori Miller said...

Great cards!