Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Blog Song...

I had the amazing opportunity to do a presentation on Blogging at Close To My Heart's San Diego Leadershare yesterday. I was so excited to talk about blogging!!! I've been saving it all up for 10 years. hahaha! There was a point when all my friends thought I was a little weird because I "blogged." I can't lie. I kind of love the fact that now they are asking me for tips so they can start their own blogs.

I got a little crazy when I was preparing my presentation and I sent my manager, Bren Yule, the following text message..

"You know what would be really cute...a blog song a la the mom song...listing all the things you could blog about."

Sometimes I should just stop and think before I say (write) things like that!!

So here are my suggestions before you watch the video
  • I know I can't sing.
  • If you focus on the words written below me, it kind of keeps you from concentrating on how dorky I look. 
  • I promise, it's the last time I'll sing on a video.
  • These blogging tips are geared towards CTMH consultants and not "blogging" in general so you may disagree with my suggestions and I know they go against some of the "norm" for regular blogging. 

7 comments:

alirecm said...

You are adorable! I'm sure your presentation was great.

Sheila Bennett said...

Very cute! And very creative lyrics. You did a fabulous job.

Patty said...

Dawn this was so much fun! Your presentation was good too - THANKS!

Jen Rubio said...

GREAT Job Dawn!! I wasn't there at Leadershare (was supposed to be but had family obligations come up) so I was thrilled to find this on your blog this morning! You ARE adorable and thanks so much for sharing for your informative and motivating song with us!!

Dawn said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. I really did have fun doing this. I'm glad you enjoyed the lyrics!

I'm on my way home from vacation and ready to get back on track and follow my own blogging advice. LOL

bren said...

You ROCKED IT sistah!!!!

Renee said...

YOu are too cute!!!!! Loved it and it was sooo inspiring!!! Thanks for the inspiration to Blog with out fear!!! lol