Monday, October 03, 2011

CTMH Art Philosophy - It's Border Time!

I hear ya, I hear ya... Now that you have dusted off your Cricut and have your CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge in your hot little hands... you want to make borders!

The good news is that the borders cut beautifully and they work exactly like they are designed to work.  It's just that WE want them to do more and more. LOL!

Today's video concentrates on how to use the borders using just the Cricut.  We have a ton of Cricut newbies that just invested in the cartridge and the machine and they aren't quite ready to buy a Gypsy or learn how to use software.  Not everyone has a laptop to take with them to crops... You get the idea.

So sit back and enjoy my video where I share a few tips about

  • how the cricut measures borders
  • increasing the size and length
  • adding embellishments to hide border seams
  • and much more.


I'd love to know if this video helped you, so please leave me comments and feel free to let me know what other videos you'd like me to make!

7 comments:

Carla said...

Hey Dawn - I tried to watch your video - when you press play a msg comes up that says "This video is private".

So I'm not able to see it!
Thought I'd let you know!

Dawn said...

Thank you Carla! I fixed it. Enjoy!

Patty said...

Thanks Dawn! Good to know how the Cricut measures & nice to realize what we see in the picture in the book will be the repeat we see when it cuts.

Judy said...

Thank you Dawn for that information. Yes, it was a great help. I am so looking forward to cutting some borders for my cards. Keep up the awesome job!!!

Karen said...

Thanks Dawn--I think you hit upon the biggest problem and that is knowing which way the cricut cuts so you can determine what size to make it. You gave some good tips. I also came across the cricut craft room on cricut.com. I downloaded it and found CTMH AP cart but I have no idea what to do with it-there aren't any instructions anywhere. I love your videos and gave your name out to my upline because she had many people asking the same questions as me. Thanks again.

Dawn said...

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad my tips helped you out.

@Karen - Thank you. I'm so glad it helped and thank you for your referral! I really appreciate it.

I haven't played with the Cricut Craft Room yet, but I've used Design Studio so hopefully I'll pick it up quick.

Unknown said...

Great video!