Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jackson, Day 1

Day 1
We made it to Jackson….well two of us did, anyway. Candace got a pinched nerve in her shoulder/neck and had to cancel her trip. It’s just not the same without her. We’re having fun, but we’re missing her!! But it does seem that a little piece of Candace’s spirit has come along because everywhere I go, I seem to be making friends with strangers. It’s either Candace or she’s been rubbing off on me.

I chatted with a girl as we boarded in San Diego, made friends with a grandmotherly type in the airport in Denver and talked to the girl in front of me on the plane to Jackson. I’m friendly, but I don’t usually make that many friends in one day!

The Denver airport is HUGE. We know that because we had to hike from one end to the other. The moving sidewalks saved me. Otherwise, I might’ve passed out trying to keep up with Jane. Walking with her is just like riding bikes with her. She is quick! At one point, I couldn’t help but laugh. I had to try and take a picture with my cell phone. You might think it’s blurry because it’s poor quality, but I think it’s because we were moving so fast.


Jackson is absolutely beautiful and so so green! It was raining when we got here and then we saw a gorgeous rainbow.

After we got all settled at the hotel we were starving and thought this restaurant was pretty appropriate for us.
I had the most amazing mango shrimp wrap. Yummy!

Here’s the view from our balcony at night.



Tomorrow we’re heading to Yellowstone.

No comments: