Tuesday, May 26, 2009

32 days and not even close.....

I'm trying really hard to be positive and to recognize that I have a good solid base of riding 3-4 times a week, but I'm struggling. I'm frustrated. I'm scared and I'm having to figure out how in the world I'm going to get ready for this trip in 32 days.

On the good side, I'm feeling good. My normal commute is getting easier and easier but here's where reality comes into play. I generally ride about 40 miles per week.

First day riding on the trip? 47 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never ridden 47 miles in one day and today I had to face the reality that I probably won't do it until we are actually on the ride.... unless I can figure out a way to do it by myself. I'm sure the trip is going to be fun and I'll look back at this and see that it was just a bump in the road...but right now I'm kind of regretting the whole thing.

Hubby is home this week and knows how worried I am. He's offered to check on me and provide ride support so hopefully I can get enough miles in to make me feel more confident and prepared.

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

You can do it!!! My brother loves to cycle and actually toured Europe on a bike a few years ago. Good luck and keep it up. I admire you!