Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I wanted a clean start...

Ok, so it's that most magical time of year...when everything revolves around food.... and while my eating habits have certainly changed, I have still indulged in a bit more than I'm used to. So this week I recommitted myself. I made some yummy taco soup and I was well on the way to recovery when I got a little help in the form of stomach flu.

Yep, it's been fun around our house. Poor Joshua and I got it at the same time. I think the only thing worse than having stomach flu, is getting it at the same time as your son, so that you feel completely useless. I had to call a friend and ask her to leave a 7-Up delivery on my porch. Thankfully she thought to leave some crackers too.

We're both on the mend now. Actually I think one of us is mending quicker than the other. He just called me on my cell phone (our primary mode of communication through this ordeal) and asked me to take him to Taco Bell for dinner. While it wouldn't be my first choice, at least I don't have to prepare it, cook it, smell it or eat it, so he just might get what he wants....if I can dredge up the energy to drive the car.

So, I guess this falls under the "be careful what you wish for" category. I've got a clean start and I dropped 8 pounds in one day, but it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. Of course cookies and candy and holiday treats have lost their hold on me so maybe I'll be able to re-focus and lose those 8 pounds for real.

No comments: