Monday, November 26, 2007

Nugget Boxes


When I first got the Bags, Tags and Boxes cartridge, I was a little disappointed because all of the boxes were so small. I played with it a little, but it just wasn't what I had in mind....until I went through my little advent calendar obsession. Now I'm just sure there are a million little projects I can do with that cartridge. It's way better than cutting paper and working with a template!

Only one little problem.... I think the cricut people made a big boo boo!! I have the baby bug so they might've fixed this with later versions, but my bug cuts in 1/2" increments. That means that when you cut a 3" matchbox and a 3" cover, then don't fit. Grrr.... Cut one of them the next size and it's too big.

Not to be outwitted by a machine, I was determined to find a way to make this work.



Matchbox Nugget Boxes

Cut 3" matchbox2 out of cardstock
Cut 3" matchbox2 with the window out of texture paper for the top.
Cut transparency 1 7/8 by 2 7/8 for window




Here's the important trick:

Score fold and glue bottom first
Then score and fold your top and place it on the bottom before you glue it.
Then glue it while it's on the bottom.
This allows you to adjust it a little bit. No one can tell by looking at the box.


Labels for nuggets are made by stamping on address labels. I used the CTMH O Christmas Tree stamp set.


No comments: