Friday, November 16, 2007

Biggest Loser Update

Down 1.2 pounds this week. Woo Hoo. The scale is going in the right direction again. Now if I can just avoid the pecan tarts while I'm baking them this week, life will be good.

We had a great discussion about Thanksgiving at ww last night. It made me think about what I plan to eat. We thought about all the different items available and then wrote down the ones we really wanted to eat. Then we calculated the points for our chosen meal. I found it interesting to contemplate my meal when it wasn't an issue for me. I was much more objective. I really thought about all the different items and which ones I wanted and which ones I could let go of. Right away I realized that I am fine with skipping the gravy. I actually envisioned my meal and thought about the taste and I know that I can let go of the gravy and still enjoy the meal. I also think it will be much easier to control my portion size now that I have an idea of how many points each item has. 2 points for 1 deviled egg (one/half egg) will definately keep me from mindlessly returning for seconds or thirds....

And pecan tarts? Well one piece of pecan pie is 12 points!! My tarts are tastey, but I'm not thinking they are 12 points tastey!!!! That will definately curb my sampling while baking.

Foot Update
I'm going to the podiatrist Monday. Sadly a friend of mine, who is a podiatrist, basically told me that walking AND the elliptical aren't helping. Anyone want to whine with me?

I've officially given up the elliptical and walking....for now.... I'm not ready to give up on exercising so, I went to Yoga last night. I'm fairly sure I used every muscle in my body. I can feel lots of new ones today!

No comments: