Sunday, November 25, 2007

Advent Calendar

I created this one day when I was supposed to be prepping for my workshop. I have seen a bunch of cute advent calendars on several blogs and I kept thinking I'd like to make one, but I hadn't quite come up with my own unique idea yet...until I started playing with my cricut....

Paper:
Close To My Heart Everlasting
Cricut Cartridges:
George
Bags, Tags and Boxes
Christmas Cheer

The boxes are the crayon boxes on the BT&B cartridge set at 3 inches. And here is my paper saving tip. Cut your paper to 3.5 x 12. Cut two crayon boxes. The machine won't let you cut a third box. It says you don't have enough room. So flip your carrier around, feed it the other way and cut one box. Now you can get three boxes on one piece.


The cricut also cuts little "tag openings" on the side of the boxes so that's where I tied the ribbons onto the boxes.

I used the George cartridge to cut all the numbers and the letters for Countdown to.

I used the Christmas Cheer cartridge to cut Christmas.

After I was done I put Liquid Glass on all the lettering and numbers.


2 comments:

scrappernic said...

I love this! I too have been looking at advent calendars and I haven't seen one I had to try yet--until yours! Don't know if I'll have time, but definitely want to make one!

Tracy said...

This is sooooo clever!!! Thanks for the cute ideas!