Saturday, June 30, 2007

Empressor Mat Tutorial

I'm working on my samples for my workshop this month and we're using the Empressor Mat, so I thought I'd add a bit of a tutorial here.

Here is the mat and the empressor tool:


The mat has gridlines spaced 1/4 inch apart on one side and 1/2 inch on the other side.

Place your paper on top of the mat and line it up on the appropriate line. Run your tool along the edge of the mat to create and embossed line on your paper. Slide your paper over to the next line you'd like to use and score again.

Once you've mastered the scoring you can experiment with different designs and styles.


Tip: Try scoring one line and then flip the paper over to score the next line. You can create raised frames!
We're headed off to a wedding, but I'll try to post some cards and other empressor samples tonight or tomorrow. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Niki Estes said...

Thanks so much, Dawn, for the tutorial! I think I'll end up adding this to my wishlist since I've never done it before!
Niki